Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU to undergo a degree program. This scholarship opportunity is created with the aim of enhancing international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
16th November 2022
To be Taken at (Country):
Number of Awards:
Value of Award:
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Must Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Must be born on or after April 2, 1986
- Submit the APU application by November 16, 2022 (for September 2023 Enrollment). Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.